Building located at 18 York St.
(plaque erected at 18 York St.)
 
This National Capital Commission plaque commemorates a building that was erected in 1876-77 by the Institut canadien-français d’Ottawa (French Canadian Institute of Ottawa). Opened in June 1877 as the Institute was celebrating its 25th anniversary, the building included a reading room, a library, a music hall, a games room and a theatre