Montfort Hospital
(713 Montreal Road)
 
The Saint-Louis-Marie-de-Montfort Hospital was founded in 1953 by pre-eminent citizens of Eastview and the directors of L’Association canadienne-française d’éducation de l’Ontario (ACFEO), in cooperation with the Montfortain Fathers and the congregation of the Daughters of Wisdom, which directed the hospital from 1953 to 1968. In 1992, the hospital signed an official agreement with the University of Ottawa regarding the teaching of clinical medicine in French. This agreement, which transformed the Montfort into a true teaching hospital, led in 1994 to the opening of the Deneault-Beaulieu Training Unit in Family Medicine.