Motherhouse of the Sisters of Charity of Ottawa
(9 Bruyère Street)
 
Built in 1849 and expanded several times over the decades, this convent was the location of the first hospital in Bytown and of the old Ottawa General Hospital. In 1995, the Sisters opened a museum dedicated to the founder, Élisabeth Bruyère, and the community of the Sisters of Charity.